How Often to Deep Clean Office Furniture and Flooring
When it comes to office floors and furniture, they often require frequent cleaning. While a good number of managers might think that an office is clean – therefore it may not require deep cleaning – this may not be the case as there are several places where dirt and bacteria could hide including carpets, under the furniture, and tiles. These are places where dirt can go easily unnoticed.
Considering the large number of people coming in and out of the office and others spending hundreds of hours in their cubicles or desks, office furniture and floors are a breeding ground for dirt, dust, and bacteria. Thus, cleaning and disinfecting of office furniture and equipment should be done regularly. This will help to avoid illnesses and help maintain a healthy, conducive, and productive work environment which will in turn lead to more output. Here are some benefits and quick tips on how to keep your office clean.
Benefits of Deep Cleaning
- Employee Health and Well-Being
Regular cleaning will ensure that fewer employees get sick resulting in fewer employee sick days. This in turn prevents financial losses to your business and promotes a happier work-place environment. More attendance also equates to more outcome and therefore it is important to have a strategy in place when it comes to keeping your workplace clean.
- Keep Your Employees Happy
Another advantage of deep cleaning the office is that it will boost employee morale and productivity. A clean working environment will boost productivity through the minimization of distractions and thus making room for more creativity. It is easier for employees to do their jobs in a clean environment and in addition, it shows the employees that the company is concerned with their well-being.
How Often To Clean
The type of flooring accompanied by the type of traffic that your office receives will determine how often you will need to deep clean your office. If you receive a lot of traffic and plenty of activity then deep cleaning will be required regularly, compared to a work office that has several workers and minimal movement.
In simple words, how often you should deep clean your office is dependent on the occupancy and level of activity in your office. It is important to note that deep cleaning entails so much more than just dusting and vacuuming. During a deep cleaning session floors and furniture should be sanitized, shampooed, and even steam cleaned.
Tips On Cleaning
- As a general rule of thumb here are a few things to remember about office cleaning;
High-traffic areas such as stores, restrooms, cafeterias, and office kitchens are prone to the accumulation of germs and dirt because of the high amount of regular traffic that they tend to receive. Thus, it is advised that these areas are deep cleaned as frequently as once a month to keep away dirt and bacteria.
- Carpeted areas should be deep cleaned at least twice a year. Deep cleaning will not only keep away dirt and bacteria but it will also add to the life of the carpet. The accumulation of dirt and dust particles in these carpets can lead to breathing problems and even allergies.
- When it comes to workstations such as desks and cubicles, these areas have to be cleaned at once a week. This is because employees spend a lot of hours in these areas thus, it is easy for dirt, dust, and even germs to thrive here.
- Hallways, meeting rooms, conference halls, and lobbies should be cleaned at least once every few months as this will help to prevent the accumulation of dirt and dust particles.
- It is also important to ensure that your upholstery items are not forgotten or ignored when deep cleaning. Fibers in your upholstery tend to accumulate dirt, sweat, and germs. Thus, these items must be cleaned at least twice every year. When it comes to upholstery in high-traffic areas those may have to be deep cleaned at least once every three months.
At Signature Maids, we understand how important it is to keep your workspace neat and tidy. On top of deep cleaning, we offer a range of other services like carpet cleaning, sanitizing, emergency cleaning, and more. If you are looking for a friendly team of professional cleaners, get in touch with us today!
Reducing Illness During the Winter
Although the winter season comes as no surprise, many people are not always prepared for its arrival. Cold temperatures and winter storms can be dangerous. Stay